What a great way to kick off Tasty Tuesday and be featured on Foodgawker last week! This weeks dish can either be a main dish served warm or have it as a side salad served room temperature. How ever you choose to eat it, you won’t be disappointed with this richly flavored dish.
Naturally Vegan and gluten free.
Moroccan Chickpea Salad
Serves- 2 Main Dish or 4 Side Dish
Prep time- 5 minutes Cook time- 10-15 minutes
2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
1 Medium Onion Chopped
4 Garlic Cloves Minced
1 Teaspoon Cumin Seeds
1/2 Teaspoon Turmeric
1/2 Teaspoon Cayenne or Paprika Powder
3 1/2 Cups Cooked or Canned Chickpeas drained
1 Cup Water
Salt and Pepper to Taste
Juice of 1 lemon
2 Tablespoons Chopped Cilantro
2 Tablespoons Chopped Parsley
1. Heat olive oil in a large frying pan and saute onions until soft over medium heat, about 5 minutes
2. Add garlic and cumin seeds and saute, stirring constantly for 2 minutes
3. Stir in the turmeric and cayenne or paprika, then add in the chickpeas and reduce heat to low
4. Add water and simmer until reduced to a thick sauce
5. Add lemon juice and cook for one more minute
6. Remove from heat and fold in cilantro and parsley
Serve immediately or at room temperature
Enjoy with a German Riesling Kabinett.
The acidity in the wine will marry nicely with citrus notes while the gentle sweetness helps carry the spices.
Have a wonderfully yummy week,